NPP – Communication and Knowledge Management Hyderabad Job Latest in 2022
NPP – Communication and Knowledge Management
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The position is located in the FAO office in Hyderabad. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has partnered with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policy making. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
The position is envisioned under GCF funded “Transforming Indus Basin with Climate Resilient Agriculture and Water Management” project on SB 3 SC 6 level.
Modelling of climate change scenarios for Pakistan shows that if agriculture and water management in the Indus River Basin continue along a ‘business as usual’ pathway, increasing temperatures and changes in precipitation will pose serious threats to the future livelihoods of farmers and to the Pakistani agricultural sector. In response to this challenge, the GCF funded project, “Transforming Indus Basin with Climate Resilient Agriculture and Water Management”, will help shift Pakistan and Indus Basin agriculture from its current situation of high vulnerability toward an alternative paradigm wherein better information and farming practices will significantly increase resilience to climate change. To do this, the project will develop the country’s capacity to get and use the information it needs to cope with the impacts of climate change on agriculture and water management by putting in place state-of-the art technology (Component 1); building farmers resilience to climate change through skills, knowledge and technology (Component 2), and creating a wider enabling environment for continuous adaptation and expanded sustainable uptake of climate-resilient approaches (Component 3).
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, the direct supervision of Technical Advisor and National Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist, and in close coordination with Project International Officers, Provincial Project Staff, and in close collaboration with OCC branches and focal points, the incumbent will:
Communications and knowledge management support during the implementation of the project in Sindh.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaison with the Office of Communication (OCC) will be maintained, either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes.
- Compile and disseminate best practices promoted by the project and lessons learned;
- Coordinate and manage dissemination of Project’s publications on various channels;
- Support Sindh Project Office in coordination and management of communications with stakeholders, agencies, clients and other agencies.
- Assist in the production of Information products for different audiences, including for project activities, workshops and events and supporting field missions for collecting video footage and photography materials
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in implementing communications campaigns and events that highlight the importance of climate resilience agriculture in the Project area.
- Support the training of PIUs in communication skills
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist Plan in creating and disseminating high-end communications products/events aimed at promoting awareness and education on climate resilience agriculture.
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in developing and maintaining an online archive of FAO communication products, including a photo library and a video vault, ensuring that contents are accurately catalogued and indexed, with all the required metadata entered.
- Assist Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in the development of various multimedia digital content, to ensure that GCF’s activities are consistently reflected on FAO’s corporate websites and on FAO’s corporate social media accounts.
- Assist Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in clearance processes for visibility items and communications materials through FAO’s Publications Workflow System, to ensure that all relevant publications are entered correctly in the system and keeping communication products and publications in the online repository up to date.
- Assist Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in liaising with several communication service providers for the production of audio-visual communication materials, including photography and video production.
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in enhancing and promoting the visibility of the project, through using innovative Communication and Knowledge Management methods and tools.
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in producing video documentary for capturing project results
- Support Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist in Preparing National Factsheet/Case Studies to promote national projects results and activities
- Support GCF Project monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, including tasks such as gathering and compiling information and inputs from specialists, and working with MEAL Team to compile the reports.
- Support organizing the GCF Workshops
- All communication materials will follow FAO clearance processes and comply with FAO standards
- Ensure that all publications and documents to be disseminated via the FAO document repository are timely processed through the corporate Publications Workflow System (PWS), from their planning to production and dissemination.
- Work in constant contact with the Publishing Group at FAO and ensure that all corporate publishing standards are adhered to in publications and documents
- All communication materials will follow FAO clearance processes and comply with FAO standards, including:
FAOSTYLE (English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf;
FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm;
FAO Names Of Countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en;
Story guidelines http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/UPDATED-Digital-Storytelling-Guide-EN-FINAL.pdf;
Story template http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/FAO-Stories-Template-UPDATED.pdf;
UN map standards (available to staff);
FAO Brand and policy book (available to staff).
- Further guidance regarding FAO communications, policies and procedures can be found through the FAO intranet, OCC section.
- Complete and submit on time any other tasks assigned by supervisors
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s degree in in Communication, Journalism, Mass Media, Development Studies, International Relations, Public Administration or related area
- 3 years of professional experience in communications, knowledge management, content management or relevant professional field;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- National of Pakistan
- Demonstrated experience in developing content that clearly communicates ideas and experiences for media, web, print production, and audio-visual productions
- Extent and relevance technical experience in the areas cover by communication and knowledge management.
- Extent of experience in undertaking communication and knowledge management tasks.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with FAO policies and programmes and systems is desirable
- Good communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated evidence of capacity to produce and present good reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of climate change issues is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
- Familiarity with UN systems and procedures regarding code of conduct and resource use.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]